Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thanks a Latte!


After finally settling into the new home, I was ready to jump on the wagon and start exploring all the coffee spots in the area. Having it being so close to home as well as I never been there either, Caribou Coffee it was! It may or may not be true otherwise, but we were always taught in marketing class the first impression invariably becomes the lasting impression and they weren't wrong..the image of an American family's river side log cabin 'up north', where the walls are decorated with stuffed animal heads, the couches are an army green shade, the lamp shades a dirty brown, and windows showcasing the surrounding green foliage will always stay with me. And so what better than settling into this with a warm cup of chai and your favorite novel.

As always, I am amazed at the incredible functions of the human mind and the extraordinary it finds in the ordinary.. Why I truly stepped out of the house was to make somewhat of an adventure our of this long boring weekend. Surrounded by the constant smell of cleaning detergents and indian food scents, I needed a change. I could only sit in my room so long with surfing anymore television channels, organizing my picture frames in every possible way or color coordinating my closet. So after having bickered with everyone I possibly could during the course of the day, I packed my backpack, put down my shades and was out. And even though this may only be 2 miles from home, with all my technology with me and with no money spent on gas, I did as much as I could of this weekend.

No comments: