Saturday, May 1, 2010

Caffeine Fix

A cup of coffee.

My heart still trembles thinking back to your words
and the mind quivers at the thought of all the
possibilities that have now revealed themselves.
Why did I think so much? Why did I not think at all?
The questions stand far away now and the answers
all so close. This could be the new beginning,
this could be a fresh start. But wait, don't close
the door behind! The feeling tastes like a lemon tart,
anxiety garnished with confidence. The skies ablaze,
welcoming the storm, rounding the rain and then coming
up for a breath of sunshine. I want to collapse at your
feet. I have to take the plunge yet it all keeps me afloat.
We'll walk says the wise man, we'll swim the seven seas
in pursuit of that island, and then we'll live.
Living a little for you will be death for a part of me.

As it all drowns.

In a cup of coffee.

No comments: